8/20/2012

New Skincare Coming Soon....


I have received lots of emails from customers of the Inner Beauty Powder asking when my topical skincare range is coming. So I thought I'd update you on the process. Well, it has been a labour of love. How does one preserve a banana naturally and give it a shelf life of 18months? Yes you can submerge it in alcohol, however putting that level of alcohol on your skin would compromise its health.  Working with organic materials including natural preservatives and emulsifiers within the guidelines of Australia's most stringent certifying body, the ACO, is challenging. I investigated becoming certified through other bodies such Eco-cert; however, their standards don't resonate with my philosophy; which is to have products free of toxic chemicals; not just mostly free. Alongside the myriad restrictions that I've had working to meet organic standards of the ACO is the challenge working with my very special bio-activated (fermented) extracts and carefully combining them with other ingredients - also a very delicate balance.
I do love the challenge and the daily reminder as I work with these materials that if you work with science around the principles of nature, rather than against it, you can get truly amazing results.  By working with nature's natural bio fermentation process for example, I have created super potent extracts. Fermentation not only makes nutrients three times more bioavailable but it also creates probiotics - friendly bacteria, essential for good health and radiant skin.
Making Certified Organic skincare is a much more sophisticated process than making conventional skincare, because you can't cheat by adding a synthetic filler, preservative or plastic coating(yes can you believe that use plastic in skincare!) for skin feel.  But the beauty of it all is that by avoiding these things, you begin to understand the true synergy of how plant chemicals work together naturally and with that deeper understanding, you preserve the integrity of the extract and with that, create super natural skin care.

Best, Carlax

No comments:

Post a Comment